Nikon Webcam Utility
Live stream like a pro with Nikon Cameras.
Go live with the best version of yourself.
Whether youre just starting to explore the world of live streaming or youve been doing it for quite some time, you should know that your Nikon camera may already be equipped with features that will allow it to be connected for high quality video streaming through software and/or hardware.
Nikon Webcam Utility
Now get incredible sharpness, clarity, and flattering depth of field while live streaming by using a compatible Nikon mirrorless or DSLR camera and the Nikon Webcam Utility. Go next level while streaming live, teleconferencing and gaming.Download Software
Nikon Webcam Utility set up.
Why use a Nikon mirrorless or DSLR camera to live stream?
If you want to look your best on-camera, youll want to take advantage of the high quality optics and imaging found in Nikon mirrorless and DSLR cameras. Why is this important? Because when youre trying to attract new audiences, you need to stand out from the live streaming masses and put your stream on a level above the rest. Whether you want better quality in difficult lighting, choices in lens focal lengths, shallow depth-of-field or greater control of the look of your content, youll be well on your way with the following quick tips.
What youll need:
- Nikon Z series mirrorless camera or compatible* DSLR
- USB cable (provided with your Nikon camera)
- Nikon Webcam Utility
- Compatible video conferencing software
- Fully charged camera battery or AC power adapter
* Supported digital cameras: Z 9, Z 7II, Z 7, Z 6II, Z 6, Z 5, Z fc, Z 50, Z 30, D6, D5, D850, D810, D780, D750, D500, D7500, D7200, D5600, D5500, D5300 and D3500.
- Mount (tripod, clamp, etc.)
- Constant light source (small LED light panels, Nikon SB-500 AF Speedlight, etc.)
- External microphone (RØDE VideoMicro Mic, Nikon ME-1 Stereo Microphone, etc.)
Quick & Easy
This is ideal for those seeking a high quality video stream with the simplest setup and no additional hardware.
Download and install the Nikon Webcam Utility.
Connect your Nikon camera to your computer using the USB cable that was included with your camera.
If youre using an external mic such as the Nikon ME-1, etc., plug it into the computers mic port.
Open any one of the compatible video conferencing software (Zoom, Microsoft Teams, Google Meet, Facebook Messenger and Skype)
Note: Third-party software may incur a charge from the software manufacturer.
Note: There is no audio feed coming from the camera since it is using a USB connection.
Improve your live streams with a Nikon mirrorless or DSLR camera.
Images are for illustrative purposes only.